Friday, May 10, 2019

No Longer an Undergrad!


That's right followers of this little martian, your Martian is not so little anymore. Are you ready for this? On May, 6, 2019, it became official. I officially have my bachelor's degree!  Can you tell by the smile on my face how excited I am to finally be done with school? 5 and a half years of grueling coursework, office hours, homework, applying for jobs and financial aid and scholarships...it all lead up to this.


And it wasn't just me who graduated. I got to graduate with my very best friend in the world. Look at all the honor cords she got to wear! She was in every honor society for Mechanical Engineering or being smart, and was in the Catholic Student Union-if you think I'm smart, I'll say you should meet my best friend! I had no honor cords, myself.

And of course, since we graduated,
we just had to jump for joy!


Besides saying goodbye to my best friend, the hardest part was leaving the apartment I've called home for the last three years. I've made it my own, and that apartment has seen my worst days, and my biggest successes. I left a note hidden for the next person who might live there. I left them directions for how to feed the turtles, and the names of all the turtles, of course, and who the best RAs are (hint: it's all of them.) I will miss the place where I hung out with my best friend, where I met Lynze, Tim, Yana, Piers, TJ, Katie, Mike, and so many other people who made my college experience memorable. I will miss running out front to watch the trail of a rocket-even though I was late for class to stop and watch it. I'll miss my turtles, and the lake where I sat and felt the wind in my hair. I hope whoever lives in the complex after me climbs the trees as high as I did and maybe finds where I carved my name into the branches. I like to believe I left my mark on ERAU, and that I made a memorable difference.
So I turned in my key at the student village, knowing it would be the last time I stressed in May about sufficiently moving everything out, with the ever-lasting fear I'd forgotten something, and Mom and I headed north to my next adventure....more on that coming soon! :)







I hope the drama club keeps doing Rocky Horror, and the dance team keeps dancing, that Dr. Szathmary keeps recruiting new students, and that the CSO program (SFO, whatever) Reaches its highest peaks. Most importantly, I hope my best friend never forgets me, and that this apartment might take care of whoever comes behind me, as well as it took care of me. So long, Riddle. Thanks for the ride.

Signing off, as no longer an undergrad.

xo Martian

No comments:

Post a Comment