Friday, March 30, 2012

Boys Basketball

Tonight, I want to cover something particularly close to me; Boys Basketball at East Lyme High School. The only way i know how to describe these boys is in one word...Family. That's all i can really tell you about them. I can go to them for anything, and have faith in their protection. They are closer to me than blood and we've formed really close bonds over the last three seasons. From past seniors like Jon Nazarko and Rex Shiao, last years seniors, Eric McGlone, Angel Ortiz, Spencer Loomis, and Timmy Salvatore, to this year's Seniors, Harry Thiede, Jeff Schumacher, Ben Shaw, and Irving Eggleston, (known fondly as Boog3), i found a family in a team. I tell people that I mark my years at East Lyme by the basketball seasons. This year was a little different, but nonetheless just as special and important as past seasons. These aren't from the season, but here are some pictures from this years 3 v. 3 tournament.


















Jeff Schumacher covering Harry Theide.
Big surprise. They are ALWAYS trying
to outdo each other.
But we love them, anyway.


Game Time. The boys always take it way seriously. I guess i can pick on them, because we are so close. But if anyone picked on them, you should know i'd be having NONE OF THAT. Same as the team for me, we have a "talk crap, get slapped" policy, which means if anyone hurts me, the boys will beat them up. And to answer your question, yes, i have threatened to make the basketball team beat up people who are getting on my nerves.

This is Wade MacNamara. A great kid, a junior, and a shoo-in for a basketball scholarship next season. He's one of our lead scorers and just a phenomenal person all around. Everyone loves him.
My blurry attempt at an "action" shot. Jeff's got the ball, and Harry's getting winded under the basket. What a pair.
Here's Harry's Best friend, Ben Shaw. He's really funny if you get to know him, and he's, like, super-tall.

So I guess that's my family in a nutshell. Not all of them, but there's no way i could fit that much love on one page, even if I tried. But they are a great group, the really are.
Martian

No comments:

Post a Comment