Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Viking Saga- Student Newspaper

I'll be the first to tell you that i love to write. It remains to be seen whether i posess any skill in that hobby, however. But i do know a group of people who not only can write, but can write phenomonally. That's the school newspaper of East Lyme High School-The Viking Saga. They have a ton of creative staff members, editors, and just some of the best gosh-darn people in the school. They also put up with a ton from me, and i'll be the first to admit it. And they put up with me with the most grace and poise of just about any of my friends. So here's a post just for them...
I'm pretty sure they were only sophomores when this was taken, but in the maroon sweatshirt is this year's chiefie (short for chief editor), Kaley Roberts, and to her right is Ben Ostrowski, this year's sports editor, in blue. In red is Francis Shields, the back page editor and a funny guy when you get to know him. In light blue in front of the posterboard is Stefanie Duda, just a sweet outgoing girl. Page Burns is in yellow, a dancer, an editor, and probably the msot patient of the bunch. This picture was taken last year, but trust me, they haven't changed much. They were amazing last year, and are even better this year. I love them all to death
The top row, from left to right is Dan Gaffey (Chief) Francis Shields (back page) Ben Ostrowski (sports) and in front of him is Kaley Roberts (chief) From Left to right the front row is Alex Deford (website) Kaitlyn Murphy (advertising) Stefanie Duda (feature) Erin Doherty (Sketches-art editor) and Zoe Smallidge (news) not pictured is Page Burns, who does entertainment. I may not have gotten their exact positions correct, but you get the gist.
This is from their christmas photo. I made all the tshirts just for them and the christmas tree they are all standing around. I kept it a secret for so long. I'm the biggest blabbermouth in our school, so I can't begin to tell you how hard it was keeping it a secret. Kaley (the blonde) actually has on a GORGEOUS red dress underneath that tshirt, because the day this was taken was also the day of our school's extravaganza. I bet you wouldn't normally guess that. Like i said, this group is just fantastic, and i love our school newspaper, because the people on it are plain amazing awesome people. probably some of the best in the school.
Also, see the viking saga in action in their hillarious Friday Video, based on the song by Rebecca Black. Its mostly last year's editors, but this year's show up as well.

Martian

No comments:

Post a Comment